Sugar-free me – the results!
After six weeks of being (mostly) sugar-free, here are the results:
- my energy levels are more stable, and I no longer get that terrible late-afternoon tiredness
- my teeth feel lovely and clean
- I have lost 5lb in weight
- my waist measurement has decreased by 5cm (2″), which means it is now less than half my height
- my clothes fit me better and feel more comfortable
After the first couple of weeks it actually became much easier to resist sugary food and drink, because I craved it less. Lots of things I used to like taste horribly sweet if I try them now.
So it’s all good, and I’m going to stay off the sugar from now on, apart from a couple of portions of fruit a day, some good quality dark chocolate and the occasional piece of birthday cake.
With thanks to Sandy Calico who took this photo of me at BlogOnMOSI on 2nd May.