Custom Made Ordnance Survey Map

June 18, 2014

Custom Made Ordnance Survey Map

Custom Made Ordnance Survey Map

I recently ordered a Custom Made Ordnance Survey Map. These cost £16.99 with free delivery, and you can centre them on a postcode of your choice. I put one of our favourite photos, taken on a local walk, on the front. The printing quality is superb – just as good as if not better than the standard OS maps.

This was the perfect birthday gift for my husband, who loves walking and is usually very difficult to buy presents for.

As an added bonus, it makes me feel happy, because it shows all the footpaths near our house. We moved to our house last autumn and I am still discovering new footpaths. It is wonderful to live in a house with so many footpaths nearby.

So when The Good Things linky launched today on the Margot and Barbara blog, this map was the first thing I thought of.

The introduction to The Good Things linky includes the following statement, which I heartily agree with:

For me, happiness is found in the everyday things. It’s about taking notice of the small things and practising gratitude for the life that I have.

So, I will join in by writing about something that’s made me happy each week; My Good Thing…

The Good Things
I purchased this map myself. Words and photographs are my own.
  1. June 19, 2014 12:40 am

I love this idea! I bet Brian would really like one from Fife where he grew up.

I came over from Margot and Barbara and I’m looking forward to taking a bit of time to browse through your blog. Thanks for sharing.

• July 6, 2014 6:35 pm

I hope you get a Fife map for Brian – they are lovely maps.

This blog has been a bit neglected of late, but I’m intending to write about more of #TheGoodThings in my life soon.

2. June 19, 2014 8:31 am

That’s so cool! And a great idea for those that are hard to buy for – I’m going to steal this idea right now! Thanks 🙂

3. June 19, 2014 9:42 am

What a wonderful idea.

4. June 19, 2014 7:37 pm

What a beautiful idea! I honestly thought it was a real Ordnance Survey Map photo on the front!

• July 6, 2014 6:50 pm

We got a custom made map about 10 years ago, but it didn’t look as smart at this one!

5. June 19, 2014 8:07 pm

I didn’t know you could get these! How cool – and a great gift idea as you say. Will I see you this weekend? x

• July 6, 2014 5:38 pm

I saw you at BML but didn’t get chance to chat. Thought you were looking lovely though!

6. June 19, 2014 10:55 pm

We had a subsription to the OS site last year and could print out A4 maps of anywhere we liked, but hadn’t clocked this-what a fab idea. Would make lovely presents!

• July 6, 2014 6:51 pm

I did consider getting a subscription to the OS site but I prefer real maps. That’s why this map is so great!

1. Gift ideas for a minimalist man | minibreak mummy