Pretty thrifty blouse

March 31, 2014

Blouse

Blouse

As part of A Year of Ethical Fashion, I’ve been rifling through the clothing rails my local charity shops in search of second-hand clothing. I struck lucky on Saturday! In the Extra Care shop there was a really pretty printed viscose blouse for £3.99. I tried it on and it fitted beautifully. The shop manager asked me what I thought and I told her I was thrilled with it. She told me they get some really good stuff donated, and to keep looking. I definitely will!

I’m linking up with Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow. I’m always inspired when I see what other thrifty folk have tracked down.

1. March 31, 2014 4:25 pm

That’s so lovely! I went shopping (well, trying on) in a high street shop this morning and left thoroughly depressed (and empty handed) – just can’t face shelling out so much for things that are cheaply made and soulless. Charity shopping all the way! (I just haven’t been so lucky with clothes finds recently, awh!) Your blouse is lovely – I would have snapped it up too!

• March 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Yes it is lovely! I’m avoiding clothes shopping this year, apart from charity shops and ethical brands. I thought it would be tough, but actually I’m quite enjoying it. You’re right – high street shops can feel rather soulless.

2. March 31, 2014 6:48 pm

That’s such a pretty top, I’m a sucker for a bird print.

I’m like Molly, can’t bear to pay shop prices for things any more!

• March 31, 2014 8:04 pm

I really like this particular bird print, because it’s quite subtle.

I can’t afford to pay shop prices for new things at the moment, because we’re trying to get back onto an even keel after moving house. So a pretty top for £3.99 is much appreciated!

3. March 31, 2014 7:17 pm

That is so pretty. I am looking forward to having time in the summer visiting charity shops. I love prints with birds on so this would definately catch my eye.

• March 31, 2014 8:08 pm

I’m really looking forward to seeing what you find when you visit charity shops this summer!

This is such a pretty bird print that I’m going to keep an eye out for more.

4. April 4, 2014 12:04 pm

I love the bird print! Really pretty.

• April 4, 2014 1:20 pm

Yes it is – I think I’ll be wearing this blouse every weekend as soon as the weather warms up!

5. May 24, 2014 12:13 pm

lovely print and it looks nice and breezy – lovely find, and love the price!