Magpie Monday – four wine glasses and a rom com

July 23, 2012

I’m pleased to report that I now own a rather nice matching set of 4 crystal wine glasses. I’m even more pleased to inform you that I only paid £5 for the set, which works out at just £1.25 a glass.

And should any of my female friends wish to pop over for an evening to enjoy a glass a wine, I now have the perfect films to watch on dvd: Four Weddings and a Funeral which is a classic British romantic comedy and Clueless which is a modern American adaptation of a classic English novel (Emma by Jane Austen). These cost me £2.50 each so once again I’ve kept to my £10 weekly thrift shopping budget.

I’m linking up with this week’s ever so colourful Magpie Monday at Me & My Shadow.

1. July 23, 2012 9:47 am

Stick the Pinot in the fridge – I’m coming round!! x

• July 23, 2012 9:55 am

I’m looking forward to it. These wine glasses cost £18 for a set of four when bought new so I reckon that leaves me with £13 to buy some wine to try them out! 😉

2. July 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Well done getting those glasses. I love Clueless! X

• July 26, 2012 1:10 pm

I love Clueless too. Everytime I watch it I spot another link to Emma. Plus Paul Rudd is cute 😉

3. July 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Ahh perfect weather for a chilled glass of vino! What a bargain!

4. July 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Four Wedding and Clueless – both classics!

5. July 25, 2012 9:30 am

great bargains! I need to find some nice wine glasses – have broken a few of mine lately, oops 🙂

• July 25, 2012 10:40 am

Quite of few of my wine and champagne glasses have got broken over the years, which is why I was so pleased to find this set 🙂