Magpie Monday – little black dress

June 18, 2012

I was visiting my parents recently and my dad mentioned that even though it was a Sunday there were some local shops open including at least one charity shop. So I went for a walk in the rain to see whether there was anything worth buying.

I found the one charity shop that was open and was just browsing through the books and homewares in the back room, when the shop manager shouted through to me from the front of the shop. She said, “Some has just donated a dress that would look good on you. Why don’t you try it on?” Well I never normally wear black dresses because I prefer to wear colour next to my face. But I tried it on just to be polite and it looked gorgeous so I bought it!

So for £7 I got a lovely ‘little black dress’ that will be great for parties and evenings out. The label says ‘Edina Ronay’ which would normally be totally out of my price range.

The beautiful beadwork makes it look less severe than some black dresses, and of course the neckline is fairly low so the black is not right next to my face.

I’m linking up with this week’s Magpie Monday which this week is hosted by Lulastic and the Hippyshake  (because Liz is off on holiday – hope you have a fab time Liz!)

1. June 18, 2012 10:40 am

Gorgeous dress, what a bargain! x

2. June 18, 2012 12:58 pm

This is SO stunning! How hilarious that the manager called out to you about it, good work charity shop lady!
    I love charity shops that are open on a Sunday for some reason, they Sunday thrifting is so relaxing.
    x

• June 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I love it when I find a charity shop open on a Sunday. It usually makes me even more inclined to buy something! x

3. June 18, 2012 6:59 pm

I have a bag and some shoes by Edina Ronay, mine were from TK Maxx. What a great find and how cool to have a personal shopper whilst in the charity shops!

• June 18, 2012 8:14 pm

TK Maxx is fab. I keep meaning to do a blogpost about some of my TKM finds. Though some of the best bags I’ve found have been given as gifts to my sisters.

4. June 18, 2012 8:50 pm

That is one nice dress – great find

5. singlemarriedmum permalink
    June 19, 2012 10:58 pm

What a beautiful dress and fantastic that the shop manager thought it was the one for you! Hope you get a chance to wear it soon x

• June 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks! Yes it was a wonderful way to find the perfect dress for me. I will definitely be wearing it soon x