The amazing Exxopolis Luminarium

June 9, 2012
On Friday 1st June I had the really amazing experience of walking round inside the Exxopolis Luminarium created by Architects of Air.
Words like ‘amazing’ get overused, but this was utterly amazing and astonishing. I have never encountered anything like it.
I also felt a huge sense of pride because I was part of the team of parenting bloggers involved in making two of the red and blue luminarium windows – I wrote a blogpost about this.
Here are some photos (I persuaded my husband to let me borrow his DSLR because I don’t think the iPhone camera would have coped)

The structure would cover half a football pitch and is as tall as a 3 storey building

Penny, Amanda and Becky

Inside the Luminarium

Some parts of it looked very sci-fi!

This is one of the windows we helped to make

And this is the other one

1. June 9, 2012 6:06 pm

Thats absolutely brilliant!

2. June 9, 2012 9:44 pm

Amazing!! Looks like you ladies had fun.

3. June 9, 2012 9:47 pm

Great photographs….I#ve become obsessed, I have so many of them! I especially love that you took individual ones of the windows. I love the Jazz Hands one too 🙂

• June 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks for doing the Jazz Hands – it made the photo 🙂

I love your photos too – they are very dreamy and atmospheric

4. June 10, 2012 7:58 am

It does look amazing, I wish that we lived closer so that I could come up and see it. Love Nottingham, it’s where I went to university and where I met my husband so holds a special place in my heart!

• June 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Yeah I’m really enjoying living in Nottingham. The Exxopolis Luminarium is heading to Yorkshire then off around the world so maybe you’ll get chance to see it some day.

5. June 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Great photos! Love the ones of the whole windows! x