Leather Satchel Co. handbag

May 27, 2012

Here are a few of photos of my gorgeous new handbag from The Leather Satchel Co. I was very impressed with the fact that the bag was wrapped in brown paper and tied up with string.

Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favourite things

The leather satchel arrived wrapped in brown paper

I couldn’t wait to open it, and it didn’t disappoint! This satchel was specially made for me, and it is absolutely perfect.

Leather satchel

This is the 11″ size, which is the smallest size they do. I deliberately chose to have a small satchel so that I could use it ‘cross body’ to carry a few essentials. The next two photos give some idea of scale. The first photo shows the satchel hanging off the back of my chair. The colour is of the bag is ‘Cockatoo’, which is a light green-blue shade which appealed to my love of teal. The colour on the photos below looks more like the actual colour than the photo above.

Leather satchel

And here is a photo showing the satchel filled with my purse, iPhone, pocket Filofax, sunglasses and make-up bag. You can also see the magnetic fasteners. I paid a bit extra for these as a customisation. I thought it was worth it to save me the bother of having to unfasten buckles.

Inside the leather satchel

I ordered the satchel at Cybher on 12th May and it arrived on 22nd May, which is a very quick turn around for a custom-made item. My reasons for choosing to order from The Leather Satchel Co. were as follows:

• The people on the stand at Cybher were extremely enthusiastic as well as helpful and patient while I considered all the options.
  • There were lots of shapes and sizes of satchel on the display and I could see the quality and craftsmanship was excellent.
  • The Leather Satchel Co. has been making these satchels since before I was born so they obviously know what they are doing.
  • The leathers came in a range of beautiful colours and I could have combined different leathers, including metallic leathers.
  • Magnetic fasteners hidden under the buckles seemed like a great idea!
  • There was a 25% discount available for orders made on the day (so I paid £64 for this satchel instead of £86, including the price of the magnetic fasteners).
  • Even without the discount, the Leather Satchel Co. seems to offer more affordable pricing than the two other satchel companies I have looked into.

I tested this handbag out on my trip into town yesterday and it was lovely to use. I carried it cross body and it felt very comfortable. The magnetic fasteners worked well – opening quickly and easily but fastening securely. And of course they still look like traditional buckles. The colour is gorgeous and the finish is really beautiful. I am sure I will get years of enjoyment and use out of this wonderful bag.

1. May 27, 2012 9:48 am

Oh gosh Ruth, I just love love love love the colour! I bet you are so delighted!! I’m tempted to have a smaller one now, or a new customised one. Beautiful!

2. Missus Tribble permalink
    May 27, 2012 10:11 am

Oh wow – now I want one! Not least because it is BLUE!! Maybe not TARDIS blue, but blue is my favourite colour and sathels are so retro that they’re still funky 🙂

• May 27, 2012 10:19 am

Hey you can get Tardis blue too! The ‘loch blue’ shade is pretty much exactly the same colour as the Tardis 🙂

• Missus Tribble permalink
        May 27, 2012 10:21 am

ARRRRGH! Bag love!

Where can I get one? 🙂

• May 27, 2012 10:24 am

I hope you find the bag you are looking for 🙂

• Missus Tribble permalink
        May 27, 2012 10:30 am

Checking the URL, finding the bag wouldn’t be an issue. It would be finding the money 😦

I think I’ll stick to hats in the meantime. You can never have enough hats 🙂

• May 27, 2012 10:49 am

They are slightly cheaper if you buy from Amazon but no magnetic fastener option.

I like hats too.

3. May 27, 2012 10:14 am

Gosh what a lovely colour. Really nice. I’m currently trying to save for one and I’m loving this colour.

Totally agree with the magnetic fasteners by the way. That’s what I would do

• May 27, 2012 10:44 am

They are worth saving up for I think. Very special bags. And the magnetic fasteners are excellent.

4. May 27, 2012 10:50 am

It’s lovely 🙂 And i love the fact that you’ve got a Filofax in there too ;-D

5. Jen Stanbrook permalink
    May 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Oh this is just gorgeous. I love everthing about it especially the colour! Am loving my little Cybher freebie satchel LOADS but like the fact you can get a bit more in yours. Ooh…. will have to save some pennies!

• May 28, 2012 2:41 pm

It was a bit of an indulgence but I’m so glad I got it. Let me know if you end up getting one yourself.

6. May 27, 2012 7:39 pm

GORGEOUS! I love, love, LOVE the colour 😀

• May 28, 2012 2:42 pm

So do I! As soon as I saw a satchel in this colour I realised I wanted one of my own 🙂

7. Jamiemie permalink
    June 19, 2012 8:30 pm

thanks for the coupon code, just ordered my bag and use it =)

8. September 12, 2012 4:14 am

I absolutely looove my Leather Satchel! I got my mine via http://www.leathersatchel.com. They work directly with The Leather Satchel Co. only they have pre-customized color combinations and they’re ready to ship. I can’t be any more overjoyed on how amazing these satchels are. I’ve had the opportunity to compare these and other satchel companies and by far the quality of these is superior. Mine is 12.5″, pitch black, cloud cream and snow white with silver details and magnetic closures too. I’ve gotten countless compliments on how striking and elegant it looks. I’m so glad I went with Leather Satchel Co. I use it for school so much and it’s just simply the best bag I’ve ever owned. Loved your review!

• September 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Wow your satchel sounds gorgeous! I’m starting to think about my next one now 🙂

9. Laura permalink
    April 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi Minibreakmummy
    Just wanted to say after reading your review, I finally ordered my satchel yesterday. It arrived today!
    I used your code too so appreciate the £5 off

10. Janine permalink
    May 14, 2014 4:07 pm

thanks for this post, I’m looking to buy/make a satchel, but LOVE teal, now I know I can look out for that colour 🙂

11. Winnie permalink
    April 14, 2015 12:12 am

Hi minibreakmummy,
    I just found your blog, and would like to order a satchel. I clicked on the link to the company’s website that you provided. However, after I entered the coupon code, it said “coupon code doesn’t exist”. What should I do?

• April 14, 2015 7:39 am

Hi Winnie, I have edited the blogpost to remove the coupon code because is not working at present. You should contact the Leather Satchel Co yourself to see if they can give you an alternative coupon code. Regards, Ruthy

1. Minibreak Mummy is back! | minibreak mummy