Leather Satchel Co. handbag
Here are a few of photos of my gorgeous new handbag from The Leather Satchel Co. I was very impressed with the fact that the bag was wrapped in brown paper and tied up with string.
Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favourite things
I couldn’t wait to open it, and it didn’t disappoint! This satchel was specially made for me, and it is absolutely perfect.
This is the 11″ size, which is the smallest size they do. I deliberately chose to have a small satchel so that I could use it ‘cross body’ to carry a few essentials. The next two photos give some idea of scale. The first photo shows the satchel hanging off the back of my chair. The colour is of the bag is ‘Cockatoo’, which is a light green-blue shade which appealed to my love of teal. The colour on the photos below looks more like the actual colour than the photo above.
And here is a photo showing the satchel filled with my purse, iPhone, pocket Filofax, sunglasses and make-up bag. You can also see the magnetic fasteners. I paid a bit extra for these as a customisation. I thought it was worth it to save me the bother of having to unfasten buckles.
I ordered the satchel at Cybher on 12th May and it arrived on 22nd May, which is a very quick turn around for a custom-made item. My reasons for choosing to order from The Leather Satchel Co. were as follows:
- The people on the stand at Cybher were extremely enthusiastic as well as helpful and patient while I considered all the options.
- There were lots of shapes and sizes of satchel on the display and I could see the quality and craftsmanship was excellent.
- The Leather Satchel Co. has been making these satchels since before I was born so they obviously know what they are doing.
- The leathers came in a range of beautiful colours and I could have combined different leathers, including metallic leathers.
- Magnetic fasteners hidden under the buckles seemed like a great idea!
- There was a 25% discount available for orders made on the day (so I paid £64 for this satchel instead of £86, including the price of the magnetic fasteners).
- Even without the discount, the Leather Satchel Co. seems to offer more affordable pricing than the two other satchel companies I have looked into.
I tested this handbag out on my trip into town yesterday and it was lovely to use. I carried it cross body and it felt very comfortable. The magnetic fasteners worked well – opening quickly and easily but fastening securely. And of course they still look like traditional buckles. The colour is gorgeous and the finish is really beautiful. I am sure I will get years of enjoyment and use out of this wonderful bag.