1) When was your wedding day? August 13th 1999
2) What day of the week was it? Friday (yes it was a Friday 13th, but that was the only way we could get the venue we wanted without having to wait two years)
3) Did you get married in a church? No. We got married at Birmingham Botanical Gardens
4) How many in your wedding party? 35
5) Where was your reception? at Birmingham Botanical Gardens
6) How many guests were invited to your wedding? See question 4. Not as many as we would have liked because we didn’t want to overwhelm my husband’s family by inviting all of mine. But at least it was a small enough number of people that I got chance to spend time with everyone who came.
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal? 8 months
8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer? We didn’t hire either.
9) Did you have a DJ or a band? No but my cousin Anne sung ‘This Kiss’
10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? Nope. He asked not to have to walk me down the aisle or do a speech or anything.
11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? N/A
12) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man? My sister Lucy and brother-in-law Alun
13) Did you have a Bridal Shower? Nope
14) What type of limo did you get? A taxi!
15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? See question 13.
16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? Brocade sleeveless bodice and a skirt plus a hat. I had bought a purple frock but was persuaded to wear something more traditional. Here is a photo of me in my purple frock, which I still think of as my ‘proper’ wedding dress!
17) How was the weather? Overcast but at least it wasn’t raining.
18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? San Francisco & Northern California
19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? All of it
20) How long have you been married? It will be our 13th wedding anniversary this year (lace)
21) How old were you when you were married? 28
22) Did you live together before you were married? yes
23) How soon after your wedding did you have kids? 9 years
24) Did you change your name? No, but I don’t mind if people call me by my married name outside work.
25) What was the first dance song? N/A
26) Favors? Nope – decided against favours, limo, photographer, etc. Wanted a special day with friends and family more than we wanted the traditional trappings.
27) Any drama? Not for me. But my friend Andre was a bit worried when I went for a walk around the gardens with my mum before the ceremony.
28) Any regrets? No I’d do it all again tomorrow. Well maybe it would have been good to have some proper photos.
29) What was the weirdest gift you received? No weird gifts.
30) Who did the cake? No wedding cake but we did have lovely mini deserts.
Photo by Laura Gosling