Magpie Monday – 99p necklace and a teal blouse

April 16, 2012

One reason to check out the charity shops is that you can find some lovely things without breaking the bank. When I went to the Oxfam shop in Stratford recently, I found a gorgeous M&S teal cotton and silk blouse for £3.99 – I love wearing teal tops, they really bring out the colour of my eyes. I featured a teal blouse in a previous Magpie Monday post.

I also found a really pretty necklace for 99p in the same Oxfam shop. How else can you buy a nice necklace for 99p?

Teal blouse and 99p necklace

Close-up of necklace

I’m linking up with this week’s Magpie Monday at the Me & My Shadow blog.

1. April 16, 2012 10:17 am

Beautiful! That blouse is such a feminine shape and goes so perfectly with the beads.

Great spot!

2. Missus Tribble permalink
    April 16, 2012 10:59 am

Wow, that’s a stunning colour! I can’t wait to see a photo of you wearing it 🙂

• April 16, 2012 11:04 am

Yes it is a beautiful colour. I really need to be braver and post photos of me wearing some of my second hand clothing finds! 🙂

• Missus Tribble permalink
        April 16, 2012 11:10 am

I posted a video of myself being all Doctor Who Fangirl yesterday and I looked ridiculous. I think you’re safe with a photo 🙂

3. April 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Love the colour of that blouse and the necklace is really pretty 🙂 fab bargains!

• April 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes it was the colour of the blouse that caught my eye first. Then I saw the size label and wondered whether it would be too small – and was elated when I tried it on and it fitted perfectly 🙂 And the necklace is very pretty indeed!

4. April 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Beautiful! They go so well together.Oxfam is my fave of the charity shop mafia I think.x

5. April 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Beautiful! They go GREAT together!
    Oxfam is my fave of the Charity Shop mafia I think

x

• April 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks!
      Yes I tend to find more nice things in Oxfam than anywhere else (but that is partly because Oxfam shops are so ubiquitous, I suspect)

6. April 16, 2012 2:21 pm

What lovely finds. I love that shade of blue and bell shaped sleeves are always a good thing. I’m always on the lookout for pretty second-hand necklaces too – they are often the best bargains to be had in charity shops.

• April 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Teal things always catch my eye!
      And I’m going to be on the lookout for more necklaces in future.

7. April 16, 2012 6:41 pm

oh wow! what a pair of beauties. I would love to be able to wear such pretty tops, just don’t suit me.

I agree with the charity shop jewellery. Its always great value for money xx

• April 17, 2012 4:26 pm

It’s not a style of top that I would normally have tried on, it was just that the colour made me think it was worth a go.
      As for the necklace, it was the kind of thing that would have been pretty expensive in a shop like ‘East’ so for 99p I couldn’t resist

8. April 16, 2012 7:50 pm

I linked up to Magpie Mondays too… I love both of your finds! The blouse is very beautiful and my cup of tea but they dont suit me, the necklace might have come home with me though! Great prices for Oxfam, our Oxfam stores are quite expensive (except for the books).
    Aqeela xx

• April 17, 2012 4:29 pm

I’ve been noticing your Magpie Monday finds recently – you seem to have a knack for finding good books at good prices.
      And yes, you’re right, Oxfam prices can sometimes be surprisingly high.

9. April 16, 2012 11:04 pm

That blouse is lovely – teal is one of my favourite colours. It works really well with the necklace as well! Fab finds! x

• April 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Teal is definitely one of my fave colours too, especially next to my face. The necklace looks as though it will go with anything with a bit of blue in it.

10. April 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Lovely necklace and it goes with the blouse perfectly.

Madison @madisonmakes

11. April 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I love both, very gorgeous. I’d have snapped them up too in a flash!