Magpie Monday – tulip print dress

February 27, 2012

Sometimes, buying second-hand is the only way to afford something that would otherwise be completely out of my price range. This beautiful tulip print dress was from Olive and Orange, Orla Kiely’s ‘diffusion brand’. There is no way I would ever have considered buying this frock at full price. But when I spotted it on eBay for a fraction of the original price, I found it irresistible. Now all I need to do is find a suitably posh occasion to wear it.

Tulip print frock

I will be linking this post up with Magpie Monday at the Me & My Shadow blog.

1. February 27, 2012 10:25 am

OMG what a STUNNING dress. Why wait for a posh occasion? Wear it as much as you can :0) Did you read this post? http://mostlyyummymummy.com/2012/02/20/saving-for-best/

• February 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Thank you for the OMG! And for the link to that ‘saving for best’ post. I didn’t used to save things for best, but I am a little bit wary of toddler-inflicted damage on this dress. So I will probably save for the next childfree occasion and try to make sure that’s not too far off…

2. February 27, 2012 10:49 am

That’s very pretty, and I agree with Lizzie, you could wear it as is with boots, and then heels for dressing it up.

***Faith Hope and Charity Shopping first blogivesary giveaway open now***

3. February 27, 2012 11:47 am

Good thinking, there’s no reason to go without when there is always second hand!! Great find, I hope you find an opportunity to wear it SOON!

• February 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Second hand is a good way get affordable fashion. I hope I get to wear this dress soon too!

4. February 27, 2012 12:02 pm

oh I love it ! Don’t save it (in my experience you will never wear it, just end up gazing lovingly at it in the wardrobe) Pull it out and WEAR IT !

5. February 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Ooh fab, tulips are my fave flower. I’ve never heard of that diffusion brand so will have to keep an eye out for it.

• February 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Tulips are fab – we have some in our back garden.
      Let me know if you do manage to spot any Olive and Orange items for yourself.

6. Scarlet permalink
    February 27, 2012 7:25 pm

That’s beautiful. I agree- wear it as much as you can. It looks like one of those dresses that just makes the wearer feel amazing.

1. 05-03-12 Love Fashion Weekly Showcase | Love All Blogs