Listography – top 5 mugs

February 16, 2012

The Listography theme on Kate Takes 5 this week is top 5 mugs. This has been surprisingly popular and I couldn’t resist joining in.

I have so many lovely mugs that it was a challenge to narrow it down to just 5, but here they are:

1. Mevagissey mug

This lovely mug reminds me of holidays in Cornwall. It was made in Mevagissey by Philip Gardiner. It looks beautiful, feels lovely in my hands and keeps my tea warm. I use it at work to bring a little touch of Cornwall to my office.

Mevagissey mug

2. Astro Cats mug

If you were to look in my mug cupboard at home you could make the mistake of assuming that this small, brightly coloured mug with cats in space rockets belongs to my little boy. Whereas I actually bought it for myself, years before I became a mum. I do let my son and other children use it, and so far it has survived ok.

Astro Cats mug

3. The Body in the Library mug

I love the way this looks, and the fact that it is the cover of one of my fave Agatha Christie books. Bought in the British Library in London, appropriately enough.

The Body in the Library mug

4. Doctor Who logo mug

Doctor Who has had some really fab logos over the years. This mug features the ‘neon sign’ logo used in the early 1980s. Bought in Cardiff where the Doctor Who production team is based.

Doctor Who logo mug

5. Minnie Mouse mug

This was a present from some good friends and is one of my oldest mugs. A nice chunky mug with a slight curve. Keeps tea warm. Also good for hot chocolate 😉

Minnie Mouse mug

Photobucket

1. February 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Ah the gorgeous penguin mugs! I have the green one in ‘Sherlock Holmes’. Like your top one too. Glad you decided to join in – all the other important stuff can wait..!

• February 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for stopping by 😉 This was a fun way of distracting me from the important stuff for a bit.
      I’m quite envious that you have more than one of the penguin mugs. Maybe I ought I get myself a couple more?

2. Missus Tribble permalink
    February 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I collect mugs and have all different kinds of fandoms – and so it’s a given that I need to do this 🙂

• February 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Yes do it! I’d be very interested to see your fave mugs 🙂
      You’ll need to be quick though, this Kate Takes 5 listography linky will probably finish at the weekend if it follows the usual pattern.

3. February 17, 2012 9:05 am

Great selection! I love the top one, and I, really liking these Penguin books ones that I’ve seen on a couple of these now 🙂 they look great.

• February 17, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks! The top one is my favourite. I’m starting to think I’d like more of the Penguin books mugs now that I’ve seen a few others 😉

4. February 18, 2012 2:31 pm

No 1 wins on prettines (I always go for the pretty mug) and shape – very cuppable.

• February 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Yes it really is a lovely mug. The man who made it makes lots of other gorgeous pottery items to, but I thought the mug would be useful as well as beautiful.

5. February 21, 2012 3:06 am

Doctor Who, Brilliant!

• February 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks for your comment – it led me to your very stylish and interesting website 🙂