Magpie Monday – tea and toast

January 30, 2012

Toast rack and tea strainer in packaging

This week’s second hand treasure is a toast rack and tea strainer I found in the original packaging for Β£3.50 in the local Sue Ryder shop. I’m particularly pleased with the tea strainer as it works very well with my tea for one set (see below).

Tea strainer being used with tea for one set

I rather like the toast rack too. It looks quite architectural. It will probably get used when we make cooked breakfasts on Sundays, especially when we have people staying for the weekend.

Toast rack

Do have a look at the other Magpie Monday finds this week at the Me & My Shadow blog.

1. January 30, 2012 10:12 am

It’s fab! Viners is a great make too.

2. January 30, 2012 10:15 am

love the design of the toast rack & I am certain Nick will enjoy this when we next come to stay because he usually puts his toast in a pyramid to keep it crispy, personally I prefer my toast hot buttery & soggy lol x

• January 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes I thought Nick might like it!
      Thanks for getting me the tea for one set featured in this blogpost – I’m using it at work and colleagues always say how lovely it is πŸ™‚

3. January 30, 2012 10:24 am

So stylish! Reminds me of all the gorgeous Danish stainless steel desings.

Great buy. x

4. Missus Tribble permalink
    January 30, 2012 10:49 am

That right there is something I’d be happy to unwrap on Christmas day! But then, I’m a tea hag and I love my toast and Marmite πŸ™‚

5. jane permalink
    January 30, 2012 11:26 am

Lovely find!

6. Scarlet permalink
    January 30, 2012 2:15 pm

I love having toast in a toast rack- allowed to cool enough so that the butter doesn’t melt in and disappear. Lovely!

7. January 30, 2012 4:11 pm

VERY nice toast rack!

8. Soph permalink
    January 31, 2012 11:54 pm

You never find anything so cool in my local charity shops, and I live in quite a ‘twee’ area. Toast rack and tea strainer-both functional and attractive. xx

• February 1, 2012 9:58 am

We’re very lucky with the charity shops near us. It’s usually possible to find at least one good item per shopping trip – and I spend less money than when doing conventional shopping πŸ™‚

1. Magpie Monday – Topic tureen « minibreak mummy