Minibreak Mummy loves: Suddenly Madame Glamour

January 10, 2012

I am totally smitten with ‘Suddenly Madame Glamour’ from Lidl. It smells really gorgeous! I keep sniffing my wrists all day.

I’m really pleased to find such a lovely scent for only £3.99 a bottle. And it is on special offer at the moment, so I managed to buy a bottle of the perfume and a set containing 200ml each of shower gel and body lotion for £7.

‘Suddenly Madame Glamour’ on the supermarket shelves

Suddenly Madame Glamour

So why did I even think to try a fragrance from a discount supermarket? Well some folk say that the scent is similar to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. ( This blogpost on the ‘Bonkers About Perfume’ blog is a good place to start if you want to read more about this.)

A few months after reading various newspaper articles and blogposts about the fragrance, I saw some in my local Lidl store and thought I would give it a go, because I was mildly curious as to whether a £3.99 fragrance could possibly be nice.

In the end I was amazed how much I liked it. I have never had the funds to buy expensive perfume so I can’t compare it with Coco Mademoiselle. All I know is that I am enjoying using ‘Suddenly Madame Glamour’ as an everyday scent. And I have just snapped up some more to make the most of the current offer.

1. January 10, 2012 5:55 pm

I adore Coco Mademoiselle, was given a bottle as a gift some years ago.
    I don’t have a LIDL near me but if you see it again, would be grateful if you’d grab an extra bottle for me? x

2. January 12, 2012 1:38 pm

I read somewhere that this perfume had rave reviews. I need to go and have a try for myself!

• January 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Yes you should! I’d be interested hear what you think of it, given that you are well-known for your love of Chanel 😉

3. February 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Also: http://www.dollyrouge.ie has a good positive write up about this

• February 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for the pointer – I’m not surprised that this lovely fragrance has inspired so many blogposts

4. Natalie permalink
    October 27, 2013 1:25 am

Where can I purchase suddenly glamour madame?

1. Minibreak Mummy loves: Travalo refillable perfume spray « minibreak mummy