Magpie Monday – Buffy books etc.

December 12, 2011

I’ve obviously got Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the brain since starting the 12 Days of Buffy challenge! Check out this week’s assortment of second hand finds.

The Buffy graphic novels and ‘Love Libraries’ mug were bought in Oxfam shops in West Bridgford on Wednesday after meeting up with Penny at Alexander Residence, Amanda at The Ana Mum Diary and Becky at Baby Budgeting. (West Bridgford is obviously where the posh people live as I also managed to find a lovely second hand Jaeger jacket as well! I will include a photo of this in next week’s Magpie Monday).

‘The Goddess Guide’ and the yoga set were purchased in a British Heart Foundation shops in Nottingham and Beeston. The yoga book and ‘Watcher’s Guide’ books were bought second hand a while ago but have been pressed into action recently while doing the 12 Days of Buffy challenge.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer graphic novels

Buffy the Vampire Slayer graphic novel

'The Goddess Guide' book

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 'Watcher's Guide' books

'Love Libraries' mug

Yoga kit and book

There are more awesome Magpie Monday finds at the Me & My Shadow blog – check them out.

1. Scarlet permalink
    December 12, 2011 9:27 am

My elder daughter loved Buffy, and had oodles of ‘ stuff’ – some of which is still boxed up in my garage and she hasn’t lived with us for 5 years!

2. December 12, 2011 12:29 pm

I just listened to your audioboo – now you’ve made me want to watch Buffy!

• December 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Lakota, your comment made me smile 🙂 Go ahead and watch a few episodes! I’ve really enjoyed watching season 1 over the last 12 days.

3. Amanda @gidders1 permalink
    December 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Awh fab finds….love the mug especially!
    One of my friends is a really Buffy fan, I’ve never seen it (I’m more ya true blood kinda gal) great haul though!

• December 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes I like the mug, especially as it was only 59p!
      I’m intending to watch True Blood at some point. But in the meantime I’m enjoying rediscovering Buffy.

4. December 12, 2011 7:51 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode of Buffy.

The Goddess Guide however intrigues me – I think I need one of them!

Thanks for linking up x

• December 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Yes ‘The Goddess Guide’ is fab. I spotted it full price (£15) ages ago so was really pleased to find a copy for £2.99.

5. December 13, 2011 7:56 pm

While I was sorting out the box of books in the conservatory, I came across my Buffy graphic novels, script books and Watcher’s Guide. Before starting the challenge, I was going to get rid of everything in the box to free up the space. I’m so glad I didn’t! Have asked husband if he’ll get me a couple of the season 8 graphic novels for Christmas – am really excited about finding out where the story has gone since moving from tv to comic.

• December 14, 2011 4:05 pm

I’d be interested to know what you think of the season 8 graphic novels. I have the first couple, and keep thinking it might be nice to read some more.

1. I did it! The 12 Days of Buffy Challenge that is « minibreak mummy