Minibreak Mummy Loves: The Valley, Carnon Downs, Cornwall
It’s cold outside. So I’m cheering myself up by reflecting back on lovely holidays earlier in the year.
And it was the nicest and most comfortable self-catering cottage I have ever stayed in. It really was a haven!
Here is a list of some of the reasons why I was so impressed:
- very attactive cottage – light and airy during the day, yet cosy and warm on chilly spring evenings
- extremely comfortable and generously-sized beds, with luxurious cotton bedlinen
- two lovely en-suite bathrooms
- beautiful setting and in a very handy location for visiting a range of nice places in Cornwall, including Falmouth and Truro
- a well-equipped kitchen that you could cook real food in – sharp knives, working oven, etc. (not all self-catering places have this!)
- if you didn’t want to cook there was a restaurant serving gorgeous food with local ingredients, and they would deliver meals to your cottage if preferred
- a cream tea in the restaurant when we arrived
- friendly staff
- very nice indoor pool (there was also an outdoor pool for the summer months)
- outdoor play area which Aled really enjoyed and visited every day
- baby/toddler equipment included high-chair, safety gates and cot provided free of charge
The only downsides were:
- limited public transport, so only really an option for car owners
- more expensive than our usual budget, but then you really do get what you pay for
- no phone or wifi signal in the cottage itself, but there was a strong signal available around the reception building if I wanted to make phonecalls or access the internet
So in summary, I would recommend The Valley if you want a luxurious, toddler-friendly self-catering holiday in Cornwall. It is well worth checking out the special offers page on their website, signing up to their mailing list and ‘liking’ their facebook page in order to find out when they have special offers and late availability.
No payment was received for writing this review. I paid for the holiday myself and the views expressed here are my own.