Mix-tape Monday: West End Girls

December 5, 2011

This week’s Mix-tape Monday theme is:

The first song you bought.

This brings back happy memories of West End Girls by the Pet Shop Boys. I had never heard anything like this song before and rushed out to buy it, thereby playing a small part in getting them to number 1.

The Pet Shop Boys form part of the soundtrack of my life. I have seen them live a couple of  times, most recently at Nottingham Splendour 2010 with my sister Lucy.

West End Girls single from 1985

Now go and check out the other mix-tape Monday tracks at Mammasaurus (who is hosting this week’s linky on behalf of the Boo and Me blog).

Boo and Me
  1. Expat Mammy permalink
    December 5, 2011 9:26 am

good old PSB excellent tune

2. Mammasaurus permalink
    December 5, 2011 11:42 am

Old skool! I was bought my first Walkman when I was in hospital having my tonsils out and with it a double cassette of Now That’s What I call Music 2 (or some other very low number!) and this track was on that – I loved it! Oh memories!

3. December 5, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh a song I have actually heard of! x

4. December 5, 2011 1:11 pm

see, this is another one where I think, this song only came out in the last 10 years but NO, it’s just that I’m much older than I think!!

5. December 5, 2011 1:35 pm

I loved this tune.You’re right, they just sounded different to everything.

6. December 5, 2011 9:07 pm

I haven’t thought about this song in years! I loved the pet shop boys they were fab in their day! I really enjoyed singing along to this one!

7. redrosemummy permalink
    December 6, 2011 12:21 am

The Pet Shop Boys are amazing. Great lyrics and music and excellent live too. Great choice.