Mix-tape Monday: I don’t feel like dancin’

November 28, 2011

This week’s Mix-tape Monday theme is:

A song from the best gig you have been to

I love live music so much that I go to as many gigs as I can get babysitters for! My favourite gig so far this year was Splendour in Wollaton Park, Nottingham. It was a gorgeous sunny day and I was with my youngest sister Hannah and a couple of her friends. We had VIP tickets and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Having a great time at the 2011 Splendour Festival (photo by Hannah Jenkins)

The Scissor Sisters were headlining and I remember bopping around joyfully to I don’t feel like dancin’ so anytime I hear that song again it brings back lovely memories of a great day.

The following YouTube video was actually recorded at Splendour (so the quality is not as high as in official videos)

Now go and listen to the other mix-tape Monday tracks at the Boo and Me blog.

Boo and Me
  1. Expat Mammy permalink
    November 28, 2011 8:59 pm

good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. November 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Am I imagining it or did I hear somewhere that Scissor Sisters are back with a new album? Even though I have the laptop on my knees and a baby in my arms, my toes are tapping and in my head, I’m dancing along 😉

• November 29, 2011 12:09 pm

I find it impossible to stay still when I hear this song 😉

I checked Wikipedia for mention of a new album and apparently Jake Shears tweeted on 31st Oct that the next album was in its final stages…

3. November 28, 2011 10:29 pm

This one does make me feel like dancing (see what I did there!)

• Mammasaurus permalink
      November 29, 2011 2:10 am

ooo she’s good!

• November 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes it makes me feel like dancing too. That was what was so great about hearing the song played live at an outdoor festival – plenty of space to dance 🙂

4. Mammasaurus permalink
    November 29, 2011 2:10 am

Very jolly indeed !

• November 29, 2011 12:19 pm

It is a very jolly tune for a song about not feeling like dancing because the one you want to dance with isn’t there! It was written with Elton John apparently.

5. December 1, 2011 9:48 pm

I missed this event, will have to look out for it next year. lovely to meet a fellow Nottingham blogger 🙂

• December 5, 2011 1:46 pm