Magpie Monday – York finds

November 28, 2011

I went on a minibreak to York at the weekend. It was lovely to be able to spend some time with my sister Alice who lives within walking distance of the city walls. On Saturday afternoon, Alice agreed to come thrift shopping with me because there are usually good pickings to be had in three charity shops just round the corner from her house.

I did an audioboo about our thrift shopping trip. Alice had a very good haul consisting of three really lovely sweaters and a nice cardigan plus a ‘Downfall’ game for a £1.

And I found a cornflower blue Gap skinny rib polo neck cotton sweater, a pair of brown sunglasses and a silver & mother of pearl broach. Total cost of these 3 items: £8.50!

Gap cotton sweater

Sunglasses

Broach

There are more Magpie Monday finds at the Me & My Shadow blog – check them out.

1. November 28, 2011 12:14 pm

York is amazing for little boutique shops and smaller chain stores. Fab shopping and great time of year to go with Christmas lights etc. I was there a couple of weeks ago with friends and we spent quite a bit in the Yumi shop xx

• November 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Central York was a bit too busy for me and a pushchair at the weekend, but it did look very pretty and Christmas-y.

I intend to pop back and have a proper look around after Christmas.

2. November 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Great finds, I love having someone to raid the charity shops with. Everything you got looks in fantastic condition too.

• November 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Well me and my sisters were taught by our mum, who is great at finding quality second hand items in charity shops.

3. November 28, 2011 1:32 pm

I’m such a dummie, I read New York instead of York! I do love York though!

• November 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Perhaps I should have said Olde York? 😉

I’ve never been to New York, though I’d love to go someday.

4. November 28, 2011 3:14 pm

I am not familiar with audioboo, but am listening now. You have a lovely voice.
    Very interesting broach. Beautiful, as if the blue of your high neck sweater.

5. November 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I love the brooch, quite green with envy.
    Are we talking Walmgate?

6. November 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Great finds – that jumper is a gorgeous colour! x

• November 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Yes I love the colour of the jumper and it goes nicely with a light blue needlecord jacket I bought from Gap a few years ago.

1. Seven secrets « minibreak mummy