Mix-tape Monday: Take my breath away

November 21, 2011

This week’s Mix-tape Monday theme is:

Songs that you listen to when you’ve got that lovin’ feelin’.

So I’m going to pick the song that happened to be playing when I had my first ever slow dance.

I was on a exchange trip to France when I was 15, and the boy I danced with was French so didn’t know how uncool I was, or that he wasn’t supposed to fancy me!

I still have a soft spot for this track even now, 25 years later. It is very evocative of teenage passions!

Now go and check out the other mix-tape Monday tracks at the Boo and Me blog.

Boo and Me
  1. Mammasaurus permalink
    November 21, 2011 9:33 am

Ooo it reminds me of a young Tom Cruise – from back in the day when every teenage girl fancied the pants off him!

Thanks for ‘taking me back’ 🙂

2. November 21, 2011 10:53 am

This also reminds me of back in my teenage years – but that everyone though a lad in my class looked like Tom Cruise.

3. redrosemummy permalink
    November 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Great song choice, Top Gun is one of my favourite films.

4. November 21, 2011 5:25 pm

‘… the boy I danced with was French so didn’t know how uncool I was, or that he wasn’t supposed to fancy me!’ this sentiment resonated with me too sis. But it’s good to know despite our shared teenage anguish we both ended up with wonderful men who love us lots in the end… Yay! xx

• November 24, 2011 8:30 am

Yay! Yes it all seemed such a big thing at the time.

Mum kept telling me that there was always hope, as she knew of someone who got married late in life! And of course that made me feel worse, if anything!

5. November 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Yay! Love this song and Top Gun! Fab choice!

6. November 21, 2011 8:39 pm