Magpie Monday – Midwinter plates and jug

November 14, 2011

This week I’m showing off some of my favourite ever second hand purchases. These are some plates from the Midwinter Stonehenge Flowersong range. My mum got a few in a charity shop and then I bought a few more on eBay.

Midwinter Stonehenge Flowersong plates

Midwinter Stonehenge Flowersong plates

We use these plates every day. The yellow and orange flower is so cheerful. I particularly like the tiny plate (which is about 10cm or 4″ across) – and so do small children!

I also found a jug from the Midwinter Stonehenge Sun range in a charity shop. This is similar colours to the Flowersong range, but with a more textured surface.

Midwinter Stonehenge Sun jug

Do have a look at the other Magpie Monday finds this week at the Me & My Shadow blog.

You may also be interested in my audioboo: #MagpieMonday second-hand treasure and why I love it (I’ve been doing a daily audioboo for NaPodPoMo, see ‘Does November have to be a gloomy month?‘ for more information about this)

1. November 14, 2011 10:39 am

I looove those plates! Gorgeous!

2. Scarlet permalink
    November 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Absolutely gorgeous. I love them They are the perfect colour for my 70s inspired kitchen renovation which is just about to get underway !

• November 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes they would be perfect for your kitchen renovation. There are usually some of these available on eBay if you want to get some.

3. November 14, 2011 4:31 pm

This post reminds me we must remember to return the flowersong plate we borrowed 😉

• November 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Yes please do! And we need to pass a toy rabbit’s outfit back to you (left by one of your girls last time you visited) 😉

4. November 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Great finds

5. November 15, 2011 3:17 pm

How lovely that you’re using the whole set.

The Flowersong pattern has always reminded me of those woollen flowers I used to make as a kid on a little plastic pen ring thingie!

Thanks for linking up, and again, your audio boo is brilliant! x

• November 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks for your comment on the post and glad you like the audioboo too.

You’re right about the similarity to those loopy wool flowers. Perhaps you could do a blogpost about how to make them? I would definitely read it. x

1. Magpie Monday – Topic tureen « minibreak mummy