Magpie Monday – retro curtain and buttons

November 7, 2011

I found this cotton curtain in an Oxfam shop – the retro flowery print was irrestistible! It is about 1 metre square, so just about big enough to make a full-length apron plus a couple of other small items.

Retro flower print curtain

On the same day, I also found this pair of mother of pearl buttons. They’re lovely and big (about 37mm diameter) and I’m itching to use them for something crafty. Will report back when I have done something with both the buttons and the curtain fabric.

Mother of pearl buttons

Why not check out the other Magpie Monday finds this week at the Me & My Shadow blog? I’m always fascinated to see the range of second hand finds that people showcase. It just goes to show that pre-loved items can be loved again.

1. November 7, 2011 11:47 am

That fabric is fantastic – it must have jumped off the shelf at you! Love the pattern. Buttons that size would set you back a bit in a haberdashers too, great find.

2. November 7, 2011 12:07 pm

Love that all this kind of fabric is now so popular. Bring on the bright 60’s and 70’s prints to cheer up our cash strapped country I say .

3. November 7, 2011 2:38 pm

I was sporting a pair of Wellies on Saturday night for the fireworks that have an almost identical pattern/design. lol. Look forward to seeing the end results…~R~

4. November 7, 2011 4:52 pm

That fabric is stunning. It will make a great apron – perfect for cheering up the dull job of washing the dishes!

Thanks for linking up x

5. November 7, 2011 5:04 pm

Admiring your creative eye.

6. Scarlet permalink
    November 7, 2011 6:23 pm

Gorgeous fabric – can’t wait to see what you do with it.

7. November 8, 2011 11:01 pm

Two fab finds. You know I love buttons, can’t wait to see what you make with them. Love the fabric. Perfect for an apron!

8. Soph permalink
    November 9, 2011 10:33 pm

MMmmm mother of pearl, it is my favourite button and bead material. Also loving the psychedelic curtain 😀

9. November 11, 2011 9:38 am

I really love that retro fabric…its fab!