Beloved blog! – the Liebster blog award
The eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted a ‘Liebster Blog’ badge in my right-hand side bar and wondered what it means. Well it means that I’m thrilled and honoured to have been included in Older Mum’s list of new blogs that she thinks are deserving of this award.
And it also means that now I need to choose five new(ish) blogs to receive the award. In other words, this works like a chain letter, but one that is actually nice to receive!
Leibster Award Rules
1. Thank my Liebster Blog Award presenter on my blog and link back to them
And while I’m thanking people I’d also like to thank my fabulously talented sister Alice Jenkins for designing the gorgeous ‘luggage tag’ blog header for this blog.
Alice, it looks exactly how I imagined it would, but much better!
2. Copy & paste the award to your blog
Done – it’s top right in this blogpost and also in my sidebar
3. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award and let them know of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog. Try to pass the award on to blogs that are fairly new and have less than 200 followers.
So here are the 5 new(ish) blogs that I think should have a Liebster blog award.
- I’ve just discovered a mummy too blog via a short video blog post entitled ‘I don’t hate children’s tv…I just hate the music‘. I know exactly how Emily feels! This blog is giving me lots of ideas about how to make my blog better.
- @homedad wrote a really great post called ‘Growing and the make-your-own health visitor kit‘. I also like this quote from the bottom of the page “This blog is all about us, from the mundane to the momentous.” (I’ve tried to persuade my husband to blog about his experiences as a full-time father but so far he is sticking to pen and paper)
- A former interiors editor on a glossy mag has set up the growing spaces blog all about making her home look fab whilst at the same time being practical for her young children. Heather’s video posts are both inspiring and envy-inducing, particularly when she shows us what her lovely office looks like. There is even a shower vlog!
- Kate on Thin Ice is a new blog and a new start for an experienced and always heartfelt and readable blogger. I particularly enjoyed reading ‘The Best Thing That Has Happened to Me as a Result of Blogging‘ and I’m very much looking forward to seeing what Kate has to say at BritMums Live next summer. Kate has also made some helpful comments on my blog, for which thanks!
- theanamumdiary contains a lovely mix of crafty and family posts – and Amanda has been very friendly and welcoming to me as an even newer blogger than herself. I particularly like her ‘Button crazy‘ post
I hope that the bloggers who created the 5 blogs listed above will feel as pleased as I did to receive their Liebster blog awards, but they shouldn’t feel obliged to join in with this unless they want to. Anyone who does want to join in with this can follow the instructions listed above. I will be interested to see what blogs are next in line for an award.
PS – a few hours after I posted this, Emily from a mummy too gave birth to a baby girl. So congratulations to Emily! I think she may have more important things on her mind at the moment than a Liebster blog award 😉