Flashback Friday – first shoes

October 7, 2011

My son's first shoes

This photo was taken on September 5th 2009, when my son was just over a year old.  We’d just come back from a holiday with a large group of friends and their children and our boy was obviously inspired to take his first steps after careful observation of the slightly older toddlers who were there.  After that, he took to walking like a duck to water, and before long he was running! So we bought him his first shoes and I posted this photo on twitter.

I found the photo earlier this week and decided to put a copy here for Flashback Friday.

1. October 8, 2011 9:32 am

Bless…what goregous shoes! I did a Flashback Friday a few weeks ago about first shoes as well. We still have Ella’s sitting on a shelf in her room. They are such a big memento of a major milestone!
    Thanks so much for sharing this for Flashback Friday! Come back next week as well! 😉
    Karin

• October 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks Karin. I’ll look back through your blog for the post you did on first shoes.

2. October 9, 2011 5:18 am

Lovely to have a photo as a momento, I didn’t get one, and I haven’t even got the shoes now 😦

• October 10, 2011 10:18 pm

We didn’t keep these shoes either. They still had a lot of wear left in them so we took them to Oxfam. I’m so glad I have a photo to remind me how cute they were! But of course it’s not practical to have photos of everything or to keep everything.

3. Mammasaurus permalink
    October 9, 2011 9:31 am

So cute! do they do them in Mummy sizes ?!

4. October 12, 2011 9:19 pm

How sweet! I kept some of my girls’ shoes too, hard to believe now they were once so tiny…