Magpie Monday – designer filofax with Gharani Strok print

September 19, 2011

Since I bought my fabulous filofax I’ve discovered there’s a whole world of filofaxes and filofax fans that I never previously knew existed. I was looking for accessories to go with my filofax and I happened to stumble across a rather lovely second hand Gharani Strok pocket filofax on eBay. After a bit googling I found out that it was issued in 2006 as a limited edition and this item looked genuine so I put in a bid. There was a bit of competition but in the end I got it for just under £25 including postage.

It arrived this week and is absolutely gorgeous, as these photos show. There is lots of cream paper inside plus a set of maps, including a Paris map that is making me itch to go there.

I’m not quite sure what I’m going to use this filofax for yet, but it is a lovely, lovely thing.

Gorgeous Gharani Strok filofax

What it looks like inside

Another map for my collection

I’m going to add this to today’s Magpie Monday linky. My filofax will probably turn out to be the most expensive item there, as most people seem to find the most fantastic second hand treasure for next to nothing. But I think this is so special it was worth every penny.

I’ve also added this to the Show me your stationery linky hosted by Molly and the Princess.
Molly and the Princess

PS this will be my last purchase from eBay for a little while – here’s why

1. September 19, 2011 8:16 am

It’s beautiful. I love filofaxes. I even found one at a bootsale once but I can’t bring myself to use it. I just pull it out of the box every now and then. Needless to say the calendar is slightly out of date by now! 🙂

• September 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Well if you ever decide you’re never going to use your boot sale Filofax send it my way and I’ll give it a good home 😉

For more Filofax-related blogposts you can’t beat the philofaxy.blogspot.com website

2. September 19, 2011 10:56 am

That is special! I love it.

I wonder what it’s story is? Did it belong to a chic Parisien model or artist? Are you going to link up with Molly and the Princess’s blog – Show me your Stationery? It will get hearts a-flutter over there too.

Thanks for linking up x

• September 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Hope your house move is going really well!

I followed up on your suggestion to add this to the stationery linky too.

3. September 19, 2011 11:25 am

Oh it is very lovely, beautiful colours! Maybe it can be used to plan your holidays and mini breaks :0)

4. September 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Ooooh thats so pretty 🙂

5. September 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Oh that is so beautiful, Liz is right, it certainly got my heart a flutter! I have never ever seen a Gharani Strok filofax before – I want one!

• September 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I must confess I’d never heard of the designer before I saw this Filofax on eBay, it was just a case of being smitten when I saw it.

Maybe another one will turn up on eBay and then you could get one too?

6. September 19, 2011 4:19 pm

That’s just beautiful! A stunning filofax is so much more practical than a stunning notebook as the paper can be replaced – you don’t feel paralysed in having to write something in it that lives up to the book…

• September 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Exactly! Plus you can arrange and rearrange things to your heart’s content 🙂

• September 19, 2011 7:12 pm

You should have a look at Nickie’s blog – she’s another filofax-aholic (www.iamtypecast.com).

I’m more of a notebook addict but that is gorgeous x

7. September 20, 2011 12:52 pm

I spent more but on something far less lovely.
    Great looking thing and get those tickets to Paris and soon

• October 6, 2011 6:58 am

Ah yes but you got some great stuff!

I’ve started work on persuading H we ought to go to Paris. We can get a direct train to St Pancras and then the Eurostar so we don’t even have to fly.

8. September 21, 2011 8:24 am

Much as I love stationery, I’ve never really got into the whole Filofax thing – but I do love the cover of yours – it’s gorgeous!

9. Emma permalink
    July 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi,
    Noticed you have the Gharani Strok filofax…. I know it is a long shot bit you haven’t still got it have you and if so would you sell it to me…. good offer willing to pay…
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Emma

• July 12, 2014 9:26 am

Thanks for getting in touch. I gave the filofax to my sister as a gift and she is actively using this filofax at present. I will, however, let her know you are interested in buying it and then it will be up to her whether she decides to contact you about this.

10. Blanca Vazquez-Arias permalink
    March 1, 2015 6:04 pm

Would you be willing to sell your Gharani Strok filofax?

1. Listography – top 5 keyword searches on my blog « minibreak mummy