Magpie Monday – two teal finds

September 12, 2011

Teal is my favourite colour to wear. It seems to bring out the colour of my eyes (which are grey-blue). So I was extremely pleased to find two lovely teal items in local charity shops recently. The first is a pretty silk blouse, which was Β£6.99 from Oxfam (was originally Kaliko) and looks as though it has never been worn. It is a perfect fit, so I’m looking forward to wearing it to my friend’s birthday party at the end of month. There are interesting tucks round the neckline forming a sort of rose shape, plus pretty covered buttons on the cuffs and the back.

Teal silk blouse

back view of the blouse, showing covered buttons

My second find was a plastic-beaded necklace costing just Β£1.50 from the Sue Ryder Care ‘Retro’ shop last week. (I was also very tempted to buy a vintage vanity case to go with it, but didn’t think it would be possible to sneak this past H!)

Teal necklace

Close-up of beads, showing marbled effect

This post will be added to this week’s Magpie Monday linky at Me and My Shadow. This is one of my favourite discoveries since I started blogging. I’ve checked out some of the other posts which have been added to the linky today and there are some seriously envy-inducing items!

1. September 12, 2011 11:56 am

Ahh thanks for your lovely comment!

Magpie Monday is my favourite time of the week too. Just love looking at other people’s finds and sharing their pleasure at rescuing them.

Your blouse is gorgeous. Kaliko make some really lovely clothes but I can rarely afford them new. The necklace will go perfectly. You’ll look knock-out at the party!

• October 6, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks!
      Would never have looked at Kaliko full price but the colour caught my eye in the Oxfam shop.

2. September 12, 2011 12:54 pm

oh I love that blouse !!! Its devine. Just the kind of thing I love to wear, so pretty and feminine and silk too . Well done you. I bet you will look fab in it xx

3. September 12, 2011 2:40 pm

That blouse is stunning! And so satisfying to know that not only will you have something different from everyone else, but that it cost you less than something from Primark!

I’m getting itchy shopping feet just looking at all the Magpie Monday links… may have to stop browsing as we’re on a serious declutter!

• October 6, 2011 4:07 pm

Costing less than Primark but being better quality and knowing that some money goes to charity is win-win as far as I’m concerned

PS I’m supposed to be decluttering too. But I have a bit of an excuse to buy some new clothes because I lost a couple of stone earlier this year (and my pre-pregnancy clothes still don’t fit).

4. September 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Love the blouse, the colour and the style.

5. September 12, 2011 10:20 pm

That colour is gorgeous. I also have to sneak purchases past my husband which gets trickier every time!

• October 6, 2011 5:04 pm

Ah yes, sneaking naughty purchases past H is always a challenge πŸ˜‰

But in the case of this blouse I had an excuse cos I’ve lost weight and none of my old clothes fit me (not even my clothes from before I was pregnant, cos I’ve changed shape)

6. September 13, 2011 5:25 am

Gorgeous teal finds. It is one of my favourite colours to wear too, but I don’t own nearly enough of it!

• October 6, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks! There are some nice teal things in the shops this autumn so keep an eye out and you might find something to suit πŸ˜‰

7. January 18, 2012 10:02 am

Love the blouse, love the colour and love the fact it was only Β£6.99! Amazing. Plus, buying a quality item like this is not only great for the charity but far better than spending Β£6.99 on something new and therefore cheap, not only bad for the environment, but also the people who made it.

So, you’re stylish and making the planet a better place…no wonder I love this blog πŸ™‚

• January 18, 2012 10:07 am

Thank you! I love your blog too!

Perhaps we ought to meet up for a shopping trip some time? πŸ™‚

1. Magpie Monday – 99p necklace and a teal blouse « minibreak mummy