Fabulous Filofax

September 7, 2011

I cannot find a better method of doing ‘to do’ lists than writing them on paper. It’s only that way that I can see everything grouped in a way that makes sense to me without having to spend so long configuring something on a computer that I’ve lost the will. Plus it is so much more satisfying to draw a firm line through a completed task than it is to click on a screen!

Over recent years I’ve juggled various combinations of diaries and notebooks and Post-It notes. Last week, I was looking for a new 2011-12 academic year diary when I happened to spot this gorgeous Filofax in TK Maxx for a bargain price of £8.99 (less than half price).

Pocket Filofax in 'Botanic' design

Having coloured paper in the different sections makes 'to do' lists more fun

Over the last week, I’ve got on with it extremely well for the following reasons:

• The Pocket size is perfect for me – small and portable without being so small that it is fiddly to write in.
  • I’ve been able to put my different ‘to do’ lists for home, work, this blog and other stuff in different sections with different coloured paper in each section.
  • The diary runs from now until the end of 2012 and is a week to 2 pages, so there’s plenty of room to jot down tasks and appointments associated with particular days.
  • It has also been nice to write addresses in the address section knowing that I won’t have to rewrite them in a new diary next year.

At the weekend, I had a quick look in a couple of local stationery shops to see whether there were any nice packets of paper and accessories to go with the Filofax and there wasn’t very much to tempt me. So I had a bit of a browse around on the internet and found the best selection was actually on the www.filofax.co.uk website. Today, the stuff I ordered arrived in the post and the whole lot is shown in the photograph below. I’m particularly excited about the maps because I love maps. There is also some coloured paper, and some white paper; year planners for 2012 & 2013; a zip lock envelope; a ruler/page marker and a hole punch.

Lots of paper, maps and other accessories

It would probably take a fellow stationery-addict to understand just how pleased and excited I am with my fabulous filofax, so I’m adding this to this week’s Show me your stationery linky hosted by Molly and the Princess.
Molly and the Princess

And on 28th November 2011 I added this to the Showoff Showcase as it is my most visited post (a tenth of all visits to the Minibreak Mummy blog have been to view this post and it still racks up more visits every week!)

ShowOff Showcase

1. September 7, 2011 8:52 pm

OOh what a fab find, and thanks for linking up! I have not been in TKMaxx for a few weeks so I missed the arrival of the filofaxes 😦 I love all your inserts, exciting!

• September 8, 2011 2:52 pm

I really enjoyed writing this post – and it led to me finding out about the http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/ website as well
      Sorry you missed out on the arrival of the filofaxes in TK Maxx this year, but it looks like you managed to get some great notebooks from there

2. hannahface87 permalink
    September 7, 2011 8:52 pm

I waaaaant one!!!!!! So pretty!

3. September 7, 2011 11:36 pm

Hmmm. Must order next year’s Mini DodoPad…

4. September 8, 2011 4:47 pm

Ooo – I like and a bargain too! Always a sucker for pretty stationery! I haven’t tried a filofax – currently in love with my Organised Mum Life Book (it has stickers!).

5. September 9, 2011 7:34 pm

Oooo a stationery linky! *dribbles a bit* Hello, fellow stationery addict here *waves*. I’m using a Franklin Covey at the moment from the US. Pricey but sooo pretty *strokes organiser lovingly*. Enjoy your new purchase 😀

• September 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Yes it’s amazing how nice a good organiser can be! I managed to get a couple of extra bits for mine today as well;-)

1. Magpie Monday – designer filofax with Gharani Strok print « minibreak mummy