Magpie Monday – crochet blanket

October 24, 2011

I’m delighted with my latest second-hand find – it is a handmade crochet blanket I purchased from the Oxfam shop in Beeston on Saturday.

It is such a pretty little blanket with black decorative edging and stitching between each square. The size is 44″/112cm square.

This is a nice addition to my small collection of handmade blankets (as featured in my first Magpie Monday post).

Crochet blanket

close up

Edging detail

Why not check out the other Magpie Monday finds this week at the Me & My Shadow blog?

About these ads
  1. October 24, 2011 10:40 am

Nice blanket!

Such pretty colours, amazing that people have the time and talent to make these!

Thanks for linking up x

2. October 24, 2011 10:47 am

Lovely blanket. Even though I make these myself I still always pick them up if I spot them at a charity shop…You can never have enough granny squares!

3. Scarlet permalink
    October 24, 2011 11:26 am

That’s lovely, and different in colour to any I’ve seen before – they always seem to be very brightly coloured, and this is more muted. Oh, how I wish I could crochet! I keep seeing beautiful crocheted items on blogs and really must give it a go.

4. October 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Very pretty, not as garish as some of them!

5. October 24, 2011 12:51 pm

I love that particular design in afghans. When my daughter was born someone made her a baby afghan with that design and it was her favorite blanket. Her blanket was shades of pinks and white and she carried that blanket with her until she was three. Thanks for post it brought back good memories.

6. October 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Lovely blanket. Around here, people do not appreciate the crocheted blankets. I have several because my Mom used to crochet a lot.

7. Soph permalink
    October 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Ooh ooh I want to steal it! :D

8. October 24, 2011 5:15 pm

I have a fab one I was given when I was pregnant, there is something lovely about them! Lovely find, i love the fact that they are unique.

9. October 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I love it! Bean and Oz have one each that we inherited when their great nan passed away – they have to keep on reminding me that I’m ‘too big’ for their special blankets!

10. October 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I love crochet blankets. Wish I could crochet, will add it to my wish list!

1. Magpie Monday – the joy of charity shops « minibreak mummy

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 133 other followers